My family is BIG time into listening to audiobooks!
Audible told me my family listened to 81,075 mins of books last year. WOW. 🤯
So I’m sharing 10 books I think you’re whole family will love!
*As a reminder my kids are ages 13, 10, and 7 and they have loved all these books!
- Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus – Aven Green loves to tell people that she lost her arms in an alligator wrestling match, or a wildfire in Tanzania, but the truth is that she was born without them. And when her parents take a job running Stagecoach Pass, a rundown western theme park in Arizona, Aven moves with them across the country knowing that she’ll have to answer the question over and over again.
- Wizard for Hire – Fourteen-year-old Ozzy lives near Portland, Oregon, and is desperate for help. His scientist parents have been kidnapped after discovering a formula that enables mind control. Their work was so top secret that Ozzy is afraid to go to the police, but without help, he fears he’ll never find his parents. Then he stumbles across a classified ad in the local newspaper that says “Wizard for Hire.
- Fortunately, The Milk – A short book (1hour) about how a Dad who went to get milk from the story for breakfast encounters dinosaurs, time travel, aliens and a crazy volcano situation! Hilarious!
- Savvy – The Story of how Mibs get her Savvy when she turns 13, just like the rest of her family. Will it be the power to harness electiricy like her brother? Or maybe power to create hurricanes?! Just like the rest of the Beaumont family Mibs is eager to see!
- Glitch – Regan Fitz and Elliot Mason have been enemies since they started training to become Glitchers – people who travel through time to preserve important historical events. But everything changes when they find a letter from Regan’s future self, warning them about an impending disaster that threatens them and everyone they know.
- Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom – After pulling a magical thunderbolt from a stone, 10-year-old Zeus goes on the adventure of a lifetime in this thrilling start to a brand-new series!
- A Night Divided – With the rise of the Berlin Wall, 12-year-old Gerta finds her family divided overnight. She, her mother, and her brother, Fritz, live on the eastern side, controlled by the Soviets. Her father and middle brother, who had gone west in search of work, cannot return home. Gerta knows it is dangerous to watch the wall, to think forbidden thoughts of freedom, yet she can’t help herself.
- The Last Mapmaker – Twelve year old Sai works as the assistant mapmaker. Sai seizes the chance to join an expedition to chart the southern seas, but she isn’t the only one aboard with secrets.
- City Spies – Operating out of a base in Scotland, the City Spies are five kids from various parts of the world. When they’re not attending the local boarding school, they’re honing their unique skills, such as sleight of hand, breaking and entering, observation, and explosives. All of these allow them to go places in the world of espionage where adults can’t.
- Framed – Get to know the only kid on the FBI director’s speed dial and several international criminals’ most wanted lists all because of his Theory of All Small Things in this hilarious start to a brand-new middle grade mystery series.