Inside: Construction Birthday Party Ideas plus free printables!
You shouldn’t lose sleep or get gray hair over pulling off an extravagantly themed birthday party. And you definitely don’t need to hot glue your fingers together 23 times while making decor for the party to be a smashing hit.
Ditch the hot glue gun. Does that make me an Amazon mom, not a Pinterest Mom?
This construction birthday party we threw was a major success and was simple to put together! I’m sharing our best construction birthday party ideas and tips here for you today!
In This Post You’ll Get:
- Free Construction Birthday Party Printables –
- Party Favors, Cake Toppers, and Decorations
- Tips for a Simple Construction Cake that will look adorable and wow your guests
- Links for charming invitations and a few extra decor items
Our Construction Birthday Party:
While I was debating the theme of Parker’s 1st birthday party I looked out the window and saw the neighbors big front loader parked on the driveway. Instantly I knew that truck would be the perfect backdrop for some birthday photos. Construction Birthday Party it is!
After grabbing Parker a clean shirt, we helped ourselves to the front loader for a mini photo shoot. Look at those chubby fingers. Aren’t fat baby fingers and wrist wrinkles the most adorable thing!
On the day of the actual party, I only took about 3 photos. Mom fail. Yeah, probably. It wasn’t my intention but turns out I was enjoying chatting with friends and family and not worrying about my phone. Win some, lose some.
I designed the party invitation myself, using the photo of Parker, and had it printed at a local printer. But here are some adorable construction birthday party invitations you can order on Amazon and fill out!
Or if you want a more personalized invitation there are some really cute ones on Etsy! >>> Construction Birthday Invitations
Easy Construction Cake:
This cake was super easy and didn’t require any fancy cake skills. The cake was from a box mix and I made some chocolate frosting.
To make it look like a construction site I used a regular butter knife to frost the cake and didn’t worry about making it look smooth.
Toss on some Whoppers and dig a mini hole in the top to look like a pit and you’re done.
I would call this a 20 min birthday cake! (Not including baking time of course) WIN! Here is what you’ll need to make your own:
- Cake Mix (Chocolate so it looks like dirt)
- Frosting (Homemade tastes better but if you can’t hack it – store bought is just great!)
- Whoppers (Used as dirtballs/boulders)
- Kit Kat Candy Bars (Used on the side of the cake)
- Small Construction Trucks (I used some we had around the house. These look like they would be perfect if you don’t have any already)
- Small Construction Signs (Download below)
Like I said, simple but totally cute and easy.
- Construction Zone Tape (Says “Birthday Zone”)
- Yellow Construction Hats – Gave one to each of the guests
- Construction Signs – Great for the walls / chairs / food table
- Large Construction Signs (Download Below)
I ordered some orange boxes, filled them with candy and taped the “Thanks for coming. It was LOADS of fun!” tag on the outside! Boom. Easy.
- Orange Party Favor Box
- Thanks, It Was “LOADS” of Fun Print (Download below)
And that is what I call a success! No hot glue gun burns during this party prep! Go ahead and download the printable below!
Looking for more inspiration? Follow my special Construction Birthday Party Pinterest Board!