Inside: Construction Birthday Party Ideas plus free printables!
I wanted to make my son feel special by throwing him a birthday party but I didn’t have the time or funds to pull off an elaborate Pinterest worthy party.
I didn’t want to spend oodles of money or glue my fingers together 23 times with a hot glue gun while prepping party decor.
After searching on Pinterest for a party idea that would fit into my criteria I stumbled across a Construction Truck Party pin and liked what I saw!
The party ended up being a total home run! I used my graphic design skills (sharing my downloads below) and my “phone a friend” lifeline to Amazon to make this party a success!
Quick Links to Information in This Post
- Details about our Construction Birthday Party
- Best Amazon Construction Birthday Party Supplies
- Construction Party Invitations
- Easy Construction Cake Tips
- Party Decoration Ideas
- “Loads of Fun” Party Favors
- Download the Free Printables
Our Construction Birthday Party
The party was successful because it centered around Parker, time with family, friends, food and was low stress for me!
We had Parker’s birthday party at a pavilion in a park! This eliminated the stress of having everyone at my house!
We served lunch … hamburgers and hot dogs, chips, salad, soda, and water! You can’t go wrong with BBQ food.
After everyone was done eating we tossed around some water balloons (the these ones are the greatest invention on the planet!) and had a squirt
While the adults chatted and cleaned up the food the kiddos went over to the playground and chased each other around.
On the day of the actual party, I only took about 3 photos. Mom fail. Yeah, probably. It wasn’t my intention but turns out I was enjoying chatting with friends and family and not worrying about my phone. Win some, lose some.
Construction Party Invitations
UPDATED: I now have a FREE Construction Birthday Party Invite available on my site! Download, write in your party info and you’re set!
Here are some other really cute ones on Etsy! >>> Construction Birthday Invitations
Party Supplies on Amazon
Remember how I love Amazon? I’ve linked to a lot of our party supplies in this post, but I have also rounded up the Best Amazon Construction Birthday Party Supplies that will make your life easier.
Easy Construction Cake Tips
This cake was super easy and didn’t require any fancy cake skills. The cake was from a box mix and I made some chocolate frosting.
To make it look like a dirty construction site I used a regular butter knife to spread the frosting and didn’t worry about making it look smooth.
Toss on some Whoppers and dig a mini hole in the top to look like a pit and you’re done.
I would call this a 20 minute birthday cake! (Not including
- Cake Mix (Chocolate so it looks like dirt)
- Frosting (Homemade tastes better but if you can’t hack it, store-bought is just great!)
- Whoppers (Used as dirtballs/boulders)
- Kit Kat Candy Bars (Used on the side of the cake)
- Small Construction Trucks (I used some we had around the house. These look like they would be perfect if you don’t have any already)
- Small Construction Signs (Download below)
Construction Party Decorations
Like I said, simple but totally cute and easy.
- Construction Zone Tape (Says “Birthday Zone”)
- Yellow Construction Hats – Gave one to each of the guests
- Construction Signs – Great for the walls / chairs / food table
- Large Construction Signs – FREE Printable
“Loads of Fun” Party Favors
All you need to make some fancy but EASY favors are orange boxes, candy to put inside and the free printable tag!
“Thanks for coming. It was LOADS of fun!”
- Orange Party Favor Box
- Thanks, it was “LOADS” of Fun Printable (Download below)
And that is what I call a success! No hot glue gun burns during this party prep! Go ahead and download the printable below!
DOWNLOAD the Free Printables!
To make your life easier, order party supplies on Amazon!